Monday, March 7, 2011

The importance of evaluating and selecting websites

I had never thought the importance of knowing how web addresses are formed and how relevant is evaluating websites taking into account a set of criteria before we use the web as part of our classroom work. I don’t have a computer in my classroom but I ask my students to look for information at home about a topic previously assigned. Now, I realize how dangerous and waste of time it could be assigning research without evaluating and selecting websites.
Teachers must plan the lesson first and according to the aim of the lesson, they start looking for websites (applying the criteria studied) that are suitable for supporting the learning process.
All the information given in this unit was useful to understand the importance of evaluating and selecting websites, especially to teachers who are beginners using technology in their classrooms.

1 comment:

  1. If your students are teenagers or children, you'd better give them a list of websites to do their tasks. Websites you have previously searched and evaluated. Also you could teach how to search and what to take into when visiting them.

    ReplyDelete